Basic Directions for R&D
and Industrial Applications
The Development of a Diverse Industry with Blue Tech
- To develop seedling production and aquaculture techniques using biotechnology
- To develop brand-marketable fish, such as safe, healthy and delicious fish, fish that promotes health, etc.
Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics
- To develop pharmaceuticals and cosmetics using new functional substances derived from marine organisms, etc.
Building an R&D
- To collect, accumulate and utilize environmental data and marine life resources from Suruga Bay and other sources
- To understand both market trends in marine biotech-related industries and economic ripple effects, etc.
- To develop appealing functional foods and processed foods using marine-derived microorganisms and functional substances, etc.
Environment and Energy, Agriculture, Water, IT, Device Development, etc.
- To develop new functionality through cooperation in agriculture and fishery-related areas
- To help solve the problem of microplastics in the ocean
- To utilize microalgae in industry, etc.